ABC Magical World Concept
In the year 2009, ABC Magical World introduced a new method of education for nurturing young children. In our research, we made an observation that every child as an individual has his or her own unique capabilities and pace of learning. Children are keen to explore new things and master new skills. According to us, this individuality must be encouraged and the children should be provided enough space to initiate projects on their own. For such encouragement, children must be provided with right stimulation through sensory and artistic education supplemented with proper ambience. They should have the freedom for exploring things on their own. This, in turn, ensures amazing overall development of each child helping him to achieve his full potential.
ABC Magical World education encompasses these findings to assist children by providing them education through carefully designed activities. Participation in such activities allows children to develop their potentials and capabilities as there are no set boundaries for children to perform. They are capable of exploring and executing tasks in their own unique way.
Researches all across the globe find that children develop most of the skills in their first six years. During these years, children learn spontaneously. ABC Magical World education is imparted through sensory materials so that children identify the stimuli they encounter. Apart from it, children are provided with the freedom of choice of materials and freedom of movement in the classroom.
ABC Magical World education focuses on social development. It remains a prominent factor. children are allowed to interact naturally and spontaneously with their peers. This way, the children develop excellent communication skills through the exchange of ideas and discussions within their group. Children become more adaptable that helps them to adopt and adapt easily in any environment. The ABC Magical World programme is self- directed and non-competitive that helps children developing selfconfidence so they can face new challenges effectively. Children practise the highest moral ethics like compassion, kindness, empathy, honesty, love and respect for others etc. Characteristics of ABC Magical World
Characteristics of ABC Magical World
- Respect for the child
- Freedom of choice
- Hands-on learning
- Integrated curriculum
- Universal adaptability
- Cultural diversity
- Spontaneous concentration
- Lessons of grace and Courtesy
- Heterogeneous grouping
- Auto education
- Cosmic education
Comparison with Traditional Education
ABC Magical World system of education ensures accelerated growth of children by allowing them to explore, examine, and investigate the environment . The freedom and not the license they enjoy in deciding their activities help them develop their potential and imagination to the optimum level in highly nourishing and nurturing classroom environment. Contrary to conventional approach, the ABC Magical World has contemporary outlook towards children’s growth and development (cognitive, physical, social, emotional and psychological).
- Curriculum cares little about child’s interests.
- Strict seating arrangement.
- Emphasis on rote knowledge.
- Little materials are provided for sensory development.
- Teacher’s role is dominant and active.
- Teachers enforce discipline.
- Teacher dominates the classroom children are passive learners and collaboration is discouraged.
- Child is guided to concepts by teacher.
- Child usually is given specific time for work.
- Individual and group instruction as per adult’s teaching style.
- Same age grouping.
- Errors pointed out and corrected by teacher.
- Voluntary parent involvement, often only as fund raisers.
- Learning is reinforced externally by rewards and discouragements.
- Little emphasis on instruction on classroom maintenance.
ABC Magical World Approach
- Child chooses work as per his own interests and abilities.
- Child has freedom to move and talk at will.
- Emphasis on understanding.
- Multi-sensory materials for physical exploration/development.
- Teacher’s role is supportive whereas child is active participant.
- Scientifically developed methods encourage internal self-discipline.
- Children are encouraged to guide, assist collaborate and help each other.
- Child formulates own concepts from self teaching materials.
- No such limitation, child works on a chosen project as long as he or she wants.
- Instructions are adapted to individual student’s learning style.
- Mixed age grouping.
- Child can detect and correct errors since ABC Magical World materials are self correcting.
- Organized program for parents to understand the ABC Magical World method and participate in the learning process.
- Learning is reinforced internally through intrinsic motivation.
- Organized program for learning care of self and care of environment.